"Jacob, you've got GREAT hands!!! ...hands from hell...!!" Jim Chapin - 20th century’s most influential drum set educator. (Quote made with Kenwood Dennard, Professor Berklee College Music: Russ Miller 2012 American Idol drummer, recording artist in attendance.)
In-Studio or Online
Instructional Mission Statement
An approach to instruction that opens up your playing to the next level. Aimed at furthering your ability to perform with anyone, in any venue, in any style. The goal is consistent success within the contemporary music scene.
Those who apply themselves can benefit from:
- Hands Development Mastery of Rudiments (acquiring mastery is significantly different than “knowing”)
- Reading - Sight-Reading, & Drum Set Chart
- Coordinated Independence - "The GOAL is to free both hands and feet from dependence on one another. Developing this ability, without breaking the rhythmic pulse, to successfully embellish the music in any given style(s)."
- Jazz Studies for 2 & 3 way independence (Swing, Bop and Post Bop) "Comping"
- Concepts of Improvisational Fills & Solos (beyond the clichés)
- Ostinato and Polyrhythmic Concepts
- Develop a “time-center” with & without a click
- Linear Drumming Concepts
- Odd Meters, Groove Construction
Implied Time, Beat-Displacement, Orchestration Concepts
- and more...
YES! ... Click Here for detailed
Also Available - Time-oriented instruction for University, CEGEP (College), Cruise Ship, bands & Drum Corps and auditions and performances.
Christina A., drummer (former student). Mini photo shoot - on tour in Taipei, Hong Kong, Macau, China at Hard Rock Cafe with Airborne (All Girl) Montreal Band (circa 2012)
Moeller Method Videos (by former Jim Chapin student)
Coordinated Independence Videos
Worldwide Online Drum Set Lessons
Musicianship Lessons (Music Theory & Ear Training)
Montreal - Toronto - New York - Skype